Countless times we’ve had G.C entertain Uzalo viewers with his many antics and oh, who can forget his rather questionable English quotes.
In every show, there is always that one character that just makes the show what it is, that one character who is always missed whenever he or she does not appear on an episode and we would like to believe that G.C (played by Khaya Dladla) is one of those characters.
Ever since the inception of Uzalo, G.C has been our ultimate favourite so we were quite surprised when we found out that G.C was a character that was initially not scripted to last that long on the drama series.
— Nhlanhla Dube (@nhleiks1979) September 26, 2018
According to the things we learned about Khaya Dladla on Tropika Smooth Fan – G.C was initially supposed to be a guest role. The character was initially scripted for three episodes but the positive response and entertainment value saw producers sign Khaya as a series regular.
This decision clearly worked to Khaya’s advantage as it landed him a Simon Sabela Award in the Best Supporting Actor category on Uzalo back in 2015.
These are just some other interesting facts about Khaya Dladla we did not know about:
- Khaya started performing ballet at the tender age of six years old. His passion for the artistic dance form landed him his debut role in a play at the age of eight.
- The Uzalo actor obtained a degree in Communication Science.
- Khaya is one of six children and he loves being part of a big family saying that they all look out for each other.
- Khaya has had some modelling experience as well. He walked the runway at the Durban Fashion Fair back in 2016.
- His favourite Tropika flavour is the delicious Mango Peach flavour.
- Khaya starred in a stage production titled ‘How Long?’ earlier this year which was directed by Duma Ndlovu with choreographed by Somizi Mhlongo.